Natural food coloring refers to the coloring directly from plant tissues. Except that Garcinia Cambogia is highly toxic and not used, the rest are generally harmless to human health. Natural food colorings that are allowed to be used and have established national standards are: curcumin, shellac Pigment, safflor yellow, sodium copper chlorophyll, capsicum red pigment, sauce color, red yeast rice and β-carotene, etc.
1. Curcumin: It is a perennial herb called gold or turmeric. The yellow pigment contained in the rhizome is the main component. Pure curcumin is a yellow crystalline powder. It has strong coloring properties and is especially suitable for protein coloring.
2. Shellac pigment: Shellac pigment is a kind of pigment component in the original gum secreted by lac insects on its parasitic plants. Shellac pigments are divided into two categories: water-soluble and water-insoluble. Water-soluble ones It is shellac red acid. It is stable to light and heat when it is acidic. The color tone varies with the degree of acid reduction.
3. Safflower yellow pigment: It is a kind of yellow pigment in safflower pigment. It can be dissolved in water and ethanol, but not in oil.
4. Sodium copper chlorophyllin: It is a blue-black powder with golden luster, has an amine-like taste, is easily soluble in water, and the aqueous solution is blue-green, and its light resistance is stronger than that of chlorophyll.
5. Red yeast rice: It is one of the natural red pigments traditionally used in our country. The production method is to inoculate Monascus purpureus on rice and cultivate it. It is mainly used for the dyeing of barbecued pork, red enema, red fermented bean curd and some wine preparations. use.
6. Carotene: It is a normal ingredient in human food and one of the nutrients needed by people. It can be used as a cream coloring agent.
7. Capsanthin and beet red: red pigments derived from peppers and beet roots respectively. The former is a carotenoid, but carrot A is non-toxic to humans and is used in canned food.