Epimedium is a traditional Chinese medicine tonic, the main ingredient is icariin, epinedoside A, I-cariresinol, which has the effects of tonifying the kidney and strengthening yang, removing wind and dehumidification, relieving cough and relieving asthma, tonifying qi and strengthening the heart, anti-aging, anti-tumor and so on. Besides, Epimedium extract is also often used in the treatment of osteoporosis, climacteric syndrome, breast mass, hypertension, coronary heart disease, and other diseases. Herba Epimedii extract is often used in functional food, health care products, drug preparation, etc.
As one of the effective components of Epimedium extract, icariin can effectively improve the cardiac vascular system, adjust endocrine and improve endocrine. Besides, it is of particular concern that Herba Epimedii also has an anticancer effect and is regarded as the most potent anticancer drug. Besides, Herba Epimedii has the following functions on the human body:
1. the role of blood: Epimedium polysaccharide inhibits platelet aggregation reaction, can inhibit thrombosis; and can promote the differentiation and proliferation of a variety of blood cells, and promote hematopoietic function.
2. promote metabolism: Epimedium has the role of promoting DNA synthesis.
3. anti-osteoporosis: Experiments have shown that Epimedium has the effect of promoting the synthesis of bone marrow cells, has a "bone-filling" effect, and has a good control effect on osteoporosis.
4. the immune system: Epimedium polysaccharides have the role of enhancing the body's immune function, can enhance and maintain normal adrenal function and immune function.
5. anti-aging: Epimedium affects the aging mechanism from different aspects, can delay the aging process and prevent the occurrence of senile diseases. Such as affecting cell passage, prolonging the growth phase, regulating the immune and secretion system, improving the body's metabolism and various organ functions.
6. for the cardiovascular: the use of Epimedium extract, reduce cerebral vascular resistance, a certain protective effect on myocardial ischemia caused by vasopressin has a scientific basis for the treatment of coronary heart disease, angina pectoris.