Gynostemma is a plant of the Cucurbitaceae. The Gynostemma is a humid and mild climate. It is mostly growsunder the forest, creek and other shades. It is a perennial climbing herb.There are 13 species of Gynostemma in the world, 11 species in China, widely distributed in Hunan, Hubei, Yunnan, Guangxi and other provinces, known as "Southern ginseng", Gynostemma has grown in the South is relatively high in medicinal content, the folks call it magical”Elderly Longevity Herb”. In 1986, the National Board for Science and Technology listed Gynostemma as the first of the “precious Chinese herbal medicines” to be developed in the “Spark Program”. In 2002, the Ministry of Health listed it as a list of health products.
Traditional Chinese medicine believes that Gynostemma has the bitter taste, cold-natured, withthe function of clearing heat and detoxification, gas supply, cough relief, and sputum elimination. Modern pharmacology and clinical studies have shown that the is almost non-toxic and has no side effects and has the following efficacy:
1. lowering blood pressure, lowering blood fat, lowering blood sugar;
2. anti-arteriosclerosis, inhibition of thrombosis, treatment of cardiovascular disease;
3. soothing nature, delay aging, improve mental activity, improve brain function;
4. activate normal human cells, reduce obesity, spleen, and stomach, relieve fatigue, have the sedative, hypnotic, anti-tension effect, treatment of migraine;
5. anti-cancer, anti-cancer, inhibit cancer cells, enhance the activity of lymphocytes in human blood, enhance the body's immune function;
6. Eliminate the side effects of hormonal drugs;
7. anti-inflammatory, anti-intestinal, stomach ulcers, and swelling;
8. relieve constipation,havingcertain black hair and beauty effectsas well.
In recent years, Gynostemma is widely used in medical, health care and other industries. Currently, Gynostemma preparations mainly include tablets, granules, mixture, oral solution, capsules, injections andso on.