Product Name: Huperzia Serrata Extract
Latin Name: Lycopodium serratum Thunb
Part of the Plant Used: Whole herb (Dried, 100% Natural)
Product Specification: 1%, 5%, 99% Huperzine A
Product Type: White Powder
Extract Method: Grain Alcohol/water
Huperzia is a type of moss that grows in China. It is related to club mosses (the Lycopodiaceae family) and is known to some botanists as Lycopodium serratum . The whole prepared moss was used traditionally. Modern herbal preparations use only the isolated alkaloid known as huperzine A. Huperzine A is an alkaloid found in huperzia that has been reported to prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine, an important substance needed by the nervous system to transmit information from cell to cell. Animal research has suggested that huperzine A's ability to preserve acetylcholine may be greater than that of some prescription drugs. Loss of acetylcholine function is a primary feature of several disorders of brain function, including Alzheimer's disease. Huperzine A may also have a protective effect on brain tissue, further increasing its theoretical potential for helping reduce symptoms of some brain disorders.
1. A cure for nonmalignant memory disorder and organic mental disorders
2. A cure for cerebrovascular disease and brain trauma
3. Acure for peripheral arterial occlusion disease and diabetic neuropathy
4. Acure for Achilles tendon pains and muscle trauma in sports
1. As pharmaceutical raw materials for clearing heat, anti-inflammation, detumescence and so on, it is mainly used in pharmaceutical field;
2. As the raw material of product for benefiting stomach, increasing energy and boosting the immunity, widely used in health industry.