Product name: Vanillin
CAS No.: 121-33-5
Molecular formula: C8H8O3
Molecular weight: 152.15
EINECS number: 204-465-2
Melting point: 81 to 83 ° C (lit.)
Chat Now

Product Details

Basic Information
Product name




Molecular formula


Molecular weight152.15
EINECS number 204-465-2elting point

81 to 83 ° C (lit.)

Boiling point

170 ° C (15 mm Hg) (lit.)



Vapor density 5.3 (vs air) Vapor pressure >0.01 mm Hg (25 °C)Flash point

147 °C


methanol: 0.1 g/mL, clear


10g / L (25 ° C)


 Air & Light SensitiveMerck:14,9932



Other name
2-Methoxy-4-formylphenol;3-Methoxy-4-hydroxybenzaldehyde (vanillin);4-Formyl-2-methoxyphenol;4-hydroxy-3-methoxy-benzaldehyd;4-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzaldehyde (vanillin);4-Hydroxy-5-methoxybenzaldehyde;4-hydroxy-m-anisaldehyd;4-Hydroxy-m-anisaldehyde


Vanillin is the first fragrance synthesized by humans. It was successfully synthesized by Dr. M. Harman and Dr. G. Taiman in Germany in 1874. Usually divided into methyl vanillin and ethyl vanillin. Vanillin, the chemical name 3-methoxy-4-hydroxybenzaldehyde, has a white or yellowish crystal appearance. It has a vanilla aroma and a rich milky aroma. It is the largest variety in the perfume industry. The main ingredient of the popular cream vanilla flavor. Its use is very extensive, such as in the food, daily chemical, tobacco industry as a raw material, flavoring or deodorant, of which beverages, candy, cakes, biscuits, bread and roasted seeds and nuts and other foods. There are no reports that vanillin is harmful to humans. Ethyl vanillin is a white to yellowish needle crystal or crystalline powder, similar to the aroma of vanilla bean, and the aroma is more concentrated than methyl vanillin. It is a broad-spectrum spice and is one of the most important synthetic spices in the world. It is an indispensable and important raw material in the food additive industry. Its aroma is 3-4 times that of vanillin, and it has a rich vanilla bean aroma. And the fragrance lasts for a long time. It is widely used in food, chocolate, ice cream, beverages and daily cosmetics to enhance the fragrance and fix the fragrance. In addition, ethyl vanillin can also be used as a feed additive, a brightener in the electroplating industry, and an intermediate in the pharmaceutical industry.

Function and use

Vanillin is one of the important flavorants. It is a flavoring agent with vanilla bean aroma and rich milk flavor. It is an indispensable and important raw material in the food additive industry. It is widely used in various needs to increase the flavor of milk. Aromatized foods such as cakes, cold drinks, chocolates, candies, biscuits, instant noodles, bread, and tobacco, flavored alcohol, toothpaste, soap, perfume, cosmetics, ice cream, beverages, and daily cosmetics. effect. Can also be used in soaps, toothpaste, rubber, plastics, pharmaceuticals. Meet the FCCIV standard.


Vanillin has a wide range of applications in foreign countries, and is widely used in the production of pharmaceutical intermediates. It is also used in plant growth promoters, fungicides, lubricant defoamers, electroplating brighteners, and printed circuit boards to produce conductive agents. Domestic vanillin is mainly used in food additives. In recent years, its application in the field of medicine has been broadened, and it has become the most potential field for application of vanillin. At present, domestic consumption of vanillin: food industry accounts for 55%, pharmaceutical intermediates account for 30%, feed flavors account for 10%, and cosmetics account for 5%.

Domestic and international industry status China is the world's largest exporter of vanillin. In 2002, domestic demand was 2,350 tons, accounting for 30% of production, and the remaining 70% was exported. In 1988, only 273 tons were exported, in 1993 it was 1,700 tons, and in 2002 it was 4,653 tons. From 1993 to 2002, the annual growth rate of Chinese vanillin exports was 12%. China Vanillin enjoys good reputation in North America, Europe, Southeast Asia and other markets.

Hot Tags: vanillin, China, nature, suppliers, manufacturers, factory, high quality, best price, 100% natural, free sample, for kosher, for halal


You Might Also Like